" To enhance the quality of life for elders in our service area through education, planning and coordination of services. "
Connections AAA is seeking a PT volunteer coordinator for our RSVP program. please send resume to Kelly Butts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connections AAA is seeking highly motivated RN in the Sioux City office for Care Transition Program contact email@example.com
AMERICORPS VISTA opportunity with Connections AAA in the Council Bluffs Area! https://t.co/cVZH7B1WqL
- Posted by Jeanna Bull on 06/20/2014
Please complete the application and return it no later than Friday, June 27, 2014 at 5pm to:
300 W. Broadway, Suite 240
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Attn: Sherrie McDonald, R.N.
WORLD ELDER ABUSE NEGLECT AND EXPLOITATION AWARENESS DAY!Posted by Jeanna Bull on 06/09/2014
To raise awareness of Elder Abuse Neglect and Exploitation we are asking you to wear purple on Friday June 12! Send us a photo of yourself or your group wearing purple and we will share it on Facebook! Send all photos to Jbull@connectionsaaa.org
If you would like more information or interested in being on our Elder Abuse Awareness Coalition please contact Aubury Krueger, Consumer Protection Coordinator @ 800-4329209 ext. 1032
- Posted by Jeanna Bull on 06/09/2014
- Posted by Jeanna Bull on 05/21/2014
Make a Difference for Southwest Iowa’s Older Adults
DONATE $10 or more to Connections Area Agency on Aging during Omaha Gives! on Wednesday, May 21, starting at 12:00 AM and continuing until 11:59 PM and you'll help make life a little better for Older Adults in southwest Iowa. Help us decrease Food Insecurity, increase Senior Independence, and improve Quality of Life for Older Adults.
Use Your Social Media Network to Make an Impact
• Spread the word about Omaha Gives! and why you support Connections Area Agency on Aging.
• Like our Facebook page. Watch for updates on Connections and Omaha Gives! throughout the day on May 21 and cheer us on. Share and comment on our posts.
• Join the conversation on Twitter.
Make an Impact
Omaha Gives! is a one-day event led by the Omaha Community Foundation to raise as much money as possible for local nonprofits through online fundraising. It is a community-wide event to show off the Metro’s spirit of giving, raise awareness about local nonprofits, and celebrate the collective effort it takes to make this city great.
Council Bluffs PAINT A THONPosted by Jeanna Bull on 05/20/2014
For the 26th year in the Metro Area, Paint-A-Thon is looking to paint the homes of low-income elderly and permanently disabled homeowners.
To be eligible, individuals need to:
1) live in Council Bluffs
2) be 60 years of age and older OR permanently disabled
3) live in a single family home which they own or are buying
4) have a monthly household income from all persons of: 1 person $2,546; 2 people $2,913; 3 people $3,275 and 4 people $3,637 and
5) the home is in need of outside painting.
Applications are due back by June 13, 2014. Home will be painted on Saturday, August 16, 2014.
Please contact Jaimie @ 800-432-9209