Iowa Return to Community
Care Transitions from Hospital and/or Skilled Care Facility to Home
We are committed to assisting individuals transitioning back to home.
The purposes of the Iowa Return to Home program are:
- To prevent a skilled stay from becoming a long-term institutional stay, when possible.
- To facilitate a successful transition from a skilled facility to home.
- To assist with reducing readmission to the hospital or skilled facility.
- To allow individuals to extend and protect their personal resources.
- To implement a person-centered plan by connecting seniors to information and assistance that they need to stay in their homes, if they so choose.
This program is available for residents in four designated counties: Cass, Mills, Pottawattamie, and Woodbury
To participate in the Iowa Return to Community program, you must be:
- Age 60 or older
- Not currently on Medicaid.
- Residing in a skilled nursing facility for rehabilitation or hospital, with the intent of returning home.
- Able to safely return home.
To make a referral:
In Woodbury County: Pam Wurster at 800.432.9209 extension 8228, or fax to 712.233.3415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In Cass, Mills or Pottawattamie: Sherrie McDonald at 800.432.9209 extension 8128, or fax to 712.309.0230 or email email@example.com