District Leaders (Contact Aubury Krueger - 800-432-9209 extension 8132)
- Location: Leaders needed from all counties
- District leaders to speak with, write to or email legislators on the behalf of seniors and persons with disabilities who want to live independently. Tools, information and training will be provided.
Advisory Council Representatives - (Contact Aubury Krueger - 800-432-9209 extension 8132)
- Location: Representation needed from all counties, especially seeking members from Adams, Cass, Cherokee, Decatur, Fremont, Harrison, Montgomery, Monona, Harrison, Page, and Shelby counties
- New Advisory Council members are needed to be the voice for older Iowans in your community. You will provide grassroots input and advice to the staff and our Board of Directors.
LifeLong Links Advisory Council Representatives - (Contact Sherrie McDonald - 800-432-9209 extension 8128)
- Location: Representation needed from all counties.
- New LifeLong Links Advisory Council members are needed to be the voice for older Iowans, veterans, caregivers, and persons with disabilities.
Meals on Wheels Delivery Drivers
- Location: Council Bluffs/RSVP program - (Contact Terri Wilson at 800-432-9209 extension 8156)
- Location: Sioux City - (Contact Stan Wisnieski - 800-432-9209 extension 8237 )
- Volunteers can deliver as many or as few days as they would like. Whether you are a Monday-Friday driver or only available a couple times/month, we can work with your schedule. Meal delivery takes approximately one hour, just before lunch. This is a great team-building project, especially for local businesses!
Friendly Visitors/RSVP program - (Contact Terri Wilson at 800-432-9209 extension 8156)
- Location: Council Bluffs
- These volunteers regularly visit with nursing home residents to insure they are being treated with respect and dignity.
Reading Buddies/RSVP program - (Contact Terri Wilson at 800-432-9209 extension 8156)
- Location: Council Bluffs
- Help elementary students improve their reading and comprehension skills. Act now to get trained and ready to serve during the new school year.
Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP)
- Location: Council Bluffs - (Contact Aubury Krueger at 800-432-9209 extension 8132)
- Location: Sioux City - (Contact Chris Kuchta at 800-432-9209 extension 8213)
- Individuals interested as insurance counselors and computer assistants, helping Medicare beneficiaries with medicare options. These volunteers help orient new beneficiaries to the Medicare program and are very active during the fall Open Enrollment Period with finding drug plan savings. This is an exciting and rewarding experience that is a valuable service to older Iowans. Training and support for this program is excellent! For more information
Special Events Help - (Contact Aubury Krueger at 800-432-9209 extension 8132)
- Location: Varies by event
- Volunteers are needed to assist with various aspects of different events,such as helping with planning, set up and each event's dynamics. Events vary and can be booths, fundraisers including our annual Golf Tournament and Dessert Auction, and/or other functions. All types of skills and abilities are needed to make each event successful.