Makes around 16 pancakes
Click here to view video.
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 cups milk (2% or whole)
2 T Butter (+ 1 tsp for frying)
1. Start by melting the 2 Tbsp butter so it can cool a bit.
2. Mix flour, sugar, and salt.
3. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk well until light lemon in color
4. Add milk to eggs and whisk together
5. Add dry ingredients to egg/milk mixture, ½ at a time to avoid lumps.
6. Whisk well until very smooth and add melted butter.
7. Heat a nonstick skillet to medium heat.
8. Add the 1 tsp butter to pan to melt.
9. Add ¼ cup of batter to center of skillet, tilting skillet around to spread evenly on surface.
10. Cook for 45 seconds or until light brown on bottom. Flip.
11. Cook 10 more seconds after flip.
12. Can fold into quarter or leave flat and roll berries or jam inside.
13. Also leave flat for freezing. Freeze well between parchment or waxed paper in zipper bag.
14. Reheat in microwave oven.
15. Best served with berries, canned fruit, whipped cream, powdered sugar, or more melted butter.
Traditionally served with lingonberry jam, but strawberry jam awesome too!