This “formula” will make 2 nice sized portions! Can be doubled or tripled for a larger amount!
A very healthy and budget-friendly meal-
· 6 eggs
· 1 cup cheese, grated
· ¼ cup sour cream or cream or whole milk
· pepper, garlic or garlic powder to taste
· 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced/diced vegetables and diced meats.
Examples; ham, bacon, cooked chicken, fresh spinach or kale, broccoli, green or red bell pepper, onions, potatoes; white or sweet, or any variety of frozen vegetables. The sky’s the limit, really!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Slice/dice vegetables and meats.
3. Whisk eggs in a bowl and add sour cream or cream/milk.
4. Stir in cheese with egg mixture
5. Heat cast iron or oven proof skillet on stovetop with butter and/or olive or vegetable oil.
6. Sauté the vegetables and meats until tender to remove some of the water content.
7. Turn off burner and add egg mixture to skillet; stir lightly to distribute all ingredients.
8. Bake 20 minutes or until center of egg dish is “set”.