Cherokee: Community Conversations - Burial and Cremation Planning
Removing the “Elephant” from the Room: Planning Burial/Cremation Arrangements
March 17 10:15-11:45
You’ve always said you wouldn’t be caught dead in that outfit! Now is the time to tell your family. It’s time to talk about the elephant in the room, “your final wishes.”
· Did you know there are over 75 different items for your loved ones to decide on in one day after you are gone?
· Did you know that by pre-planning and pre-paying for your services you can protect your final expenses from rising with the cost of inflation?
· Did you know that most people outlive their money, but a pre-need policy is a protected asset
· Did you know you can set up a payment plan for your services if you do so in advance?
· You can begin your planning with as little as the first payment in your payment plan.
More and more people are choosing to pre-plan and pay for their final services in advance of need to protect their family from the financial and emotional upheaval sudden death inevitably brings. The most wonderful gift you can give your family is to have your final arrangements done in advance.
Mark Frazier and Matt Schubert, from Greenwood-Schubert Funeral Home, will be joining us in the Community Conversation Series to talk about what you can do to protect both your loved ones and your assets.
This is another of our series of Community Conversations, co-presented by Connections Area Agency on Aging and the Sioux City Public Library. The series of topics relevant to seniors is free and open to the public to attend.