District Leaders (Contact Kelly Butts-Elston - 800-432-9209 extension 1013)
- Location: Leaders needed from all counties
- District leaders to speak with, write to or email legislators on the behalf of seniors and persons with disabilities who want to live independently. Tools, information and training will be provided.
Advisory Council Representatives - (Contact Kelly Butts-Elston - 800-432-9209 extension 1013)
- Location: Representation needed from all counties, especially seeking members from Adams, Cass, Cherokee, Decatur, Fremont, Harrison, Montgomery, Monona, Harrison, Page, and Shelby counties
- New Advisory Council members are needed to be the voice for older Iowans in your community. You will provide grassroots input and advice to the staff and Board of Directors of Connections.
LifeLong Links Advisory Council Representatives - (Contact Holly Senrick - 800-432-9209 extension 1020)
- Location: Representation needed from all counties.
- New LifeLong Links Advisory Council members are needed to be the voice for older Iowans, veterans, caregivers, and persons with disabilities.
Meals on Wheels Delivery Drivers
- Location: Council Bluffs/RSVP program - (Contact Terri Martin at 800-432-9209 extension 1056)
- Location: Sioux City - (Contact Stan Wisnieski - 800-432-9209 extenson )
- Volunteers can deliver as many or as few days as they would like. Whether you are a Monday-Friday driver or only available a couple times/month, we can work with your schedule. Meal delivery takes approximately one hour, just before lunch. This is a great team-building project, especially for local businesses!
Volunteer Ombudsmen/RSVP program - (Contact Terri Martin at 800-432-9209 extension 1056)
- Location: Council Bluffs
- These volunteers regularly visit with nursing home residents to insure they are being treated with respect and dignity.
Reading Buddies/RSVP program - (Contact Terri Martin at 800-432-9209 extension 1056)
- Location: Council Bluffs
- Help elementary students improve their reading and comprehension skills. Act now to get trained and ready to serve during the new school year.
Senior Companions - (Contact Becky Simons at 800-432-9209 extension 1031)
- Location: Pottawattamie County
- Volunteers who enjoy helping the elderly can volunteer as a Senior Companion in Pottawattamie County. For those who qualify financially, a stipend may be paid for your service. For more information
Foster Grandparents - (Contact Becky Simons at 800-432-9209 extension 1031)
- Location: Fremont, Mills, and Pottawattamie counties
- Individuals who enjoy working with children can join the Foster Grandparent Program. A stipend for services may be available for eligible applications. For more information
Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP)
- Location: Council Bluffs - (Contact Kelly Butts-Elston at 800-432-9209 extension 1013)
- Location: Sioux City - (Contact Chris Kuchta at 800-432-9209 extension 2013)
- Individuals interested as insurance counselors and computer assistants, helping Medicare beneficiaries with medicare options. These volunteers help orient new beneficiaries to the Medicare program and are very active during the fall Open Enrollment Period with finding drug plan savings. This is an exciting and rewarding experience that is a valuable service to older Iowans. Training and support for this program is excellent! For more information
Rent Reimbursement Assistants - (Contact Chris Kuchta at 800-432-9209 extension 2013)
- Location: Council Bluffs, Creston and Sioux City offices
- Volunteers are needed to help seniors and persons with disabilities complete forms for rent reimbursement. Training occurs in early January, with rent reimbursement forms becoming available in mid-January. The majority of the volunteer time is completed between Jan-March. For more information
Special Events Help - (Contact Chris Kuchta at 800-432-9209 extension 2013)
- Location: Varies by event
- Volunteers are needed to assist with various aspects of different events,such as helping with planning, set up and each event's dynamics. Events vary and can be booths, fundraisers including our annual Golf Tournament and Dessert Auction, and/or other functions. All types of skills and abilities are needed to make each event successful.