Website Privacy Statement
Permission to use material from this Web site / Reprints / Copyright
Connections AAA retains copyright on the content of this site, unless otherwise noted. Information and materials copyrighted by Connections AAA are for noncommercial use only.
Reprint or reuse of information from this site without change
Individuals or organizations may reprint or reuse information on this site, provided:
- The information is used without change.
- The following credit is included:
Reproduced with the permission of the Connections AAA.
Copyright 2013 Connections AAA.
Using any of the Connections AAA registered logos or graphics without the organization's prior consent is strictly prohibited. Please direct queries to 800-432-9209.
The photographs on our Web site are not available for reproduction.
Reprint of Connections AAA content or references to Connections AAA contact information in an organization's press release must be approved by the public relations director of the organization. Please direct queries to 800-432-9209.
Web site managers should request permission to link to the Connections AAA Web site. Please direct queries to 800-432-9209.
Connections AAA reserves the right to determine sites to which it will link. Please direct queries to 800-432-9209.
The Connections AAA is not responsible for information or advice provided by others, including those we link to from this site.
Connections AAA is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our Web site. Information we collect from you is used to improve our site, provide you a better experience, and respond to your questions and requests.
We collect two types of information on our Web site:
1. Web server traffic information. This information is used to determine the number of visitors to our site, length of stay and sources of traffic. We collect aggregate data -- or totals of those visiting from a domain -- not information identifying individual users. We use this information to help improve our site and our service to you.
2. Personal information provided by you. We collect e-mail addresses and other personal information only when you provide it to us. If you fill out a form or survey, request information or make a donation, we may collect your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and e-mail address.
Use of Personal Information
Connections AAA collects information from different points on our Web site. We do not sell, trade or rent our Web site visitor's personal information to others other than those outlined in this section. If you willingly provide us your personal information, the Connections AAA may use it in the following ways:
Donations. When you make an on-line donation to us, it's possible your name may be on some mailing lists shared with other reputable organizations. As a donor, you may request to have your name removed from these mailing lists.
E-mail Information Requests and Questions. When we respond to your e-mail requests or questions, we may collect your e-mail address and send you Connections AAA e-mail bulletins or news. To opt out and remove your name from future e-mails, please call 800-432-9209.
Event Registration. Connections AAA provides on-line registration for some of our events. We may collect your e-mail address and send you Connections AAA e-mail bulletins or news. To opt out and remove your name from future e-mails, Please call 800-432-9209.
By using the Connections AAA Web site, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above. Any changes to this policy will be posted prior to their implementation.
We respect your privacy and recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. Please contact us at 800-432-9209. with the following information:
- To remove your name from mailing lists shared with other organizations, please provide your full name, mailing address and request removal.
- To remove your name from the Connections AAA postal mailing list, please direct queries to 800-432-9209.
- To review or correct your personal information with the Connections AAA, please direct queries to 800-432-9209.
We take every precaution to protect your personal information. At Connections AAA, your personal information is kept confidential and stored in a secure environment. Access to your information is restricted only to authorized staff with a legitimate and specific business purpose. For example, our finance employees need access to information to process on-line donations. If you have any questions about the security at our Web site, please direct queries to 800-432-9209.
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your Web browser and stored on your hard drive. Cookies help us improve our Web site by tracking and targeting the interests of our users as they visit different sections of our site. Cookies do not contain any personal information.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitors' movements and gather broad information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personal information.
Connections AAA works to ensure that the information provided on its official Web site is accurate, timely, and useful. However, the information contained on the Connections AAA Web site should not be considered medical guidance or professional advice. The Connections AAA, its affiliates or agents, or any other parties involved in the preparation or publication of this site are not responsible for errors or omissions in information provided on this site or any actions resulting from the use of such information. Readers are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other reliable sources and to direct any questions concerning their personal health to licensed physicians or other appropriate health care professionals. Corrections and additions to this site will be made when necessary or as time permits.
Connections HIPPA Privacy Notice
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
Connections Area Agency on Aging (CAAA) is required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information. If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact our privacy officer at 800-432-9209.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF HEALTH INFORMATION
CAAA collects health information from you and stores it in a record or on a computer. This record is the property of the CAAA but the information in the record belongs to you. CAAA may use your health information for purposes of providing you treatment, obtaining payment for your care and conducting health care operations. CAAA has established policies to guard against unnecessary disclosure of your health information. CAAA may use or disclose your health information for the following purposes:
- CAAA may use your health information to coordinate care within CAAA and with others involved in your care such as your attending physician, members of the interdisciplinary team and other health care professionals who have agreed to assist CAAA in coordinating care. CAAA may also disclose your health information to individuals outside of CAAA involved in your care including family members, clergy who you have designated, pharmacists, suppliers of medical equipment, dieticians or other health care professionals. Conduct
- Health Care Operations
- CAAA may use and disclose health information for its own operations in order to facilitate the function of CAAA and as necessary to provide quality services to all of CAAA' s clients. Health care operations include such activities as evaluating the quality of health care services, compliance with federal and state regulations, case management and care coordination, professional review and performance evaluation, business planning and development and general administrative activities of CAAA. For example, CAAA may use your health information to evaluate its staff performance, combine your health information with other CAAA clients in evaluating how to more effectively serve all of its clients, disclose your health information to CAAA staff and contracted personnel for training purposes, use your health information to contact you as a reminder regarding a visit to you, or contact you as part of general fund raising and community information mailings unless you tell us you do not want to be contacted.
- Obtain Payment
- CAAA may include your health information and invoices to collect payment from third parties for the care you receive from CAAA. For example, CAAA may be required by the federal or state government to provide information regarding your health care status so that the federal or state government will reimburse you or CAAA. CAAA may also need to obtain prior approval from your insurer or state or federal government and may need to explain your need for services that would be provided to you.
- Fundraising Activities
- CAAA may use information about you including your name, address, phone number, and the dates you received services in order to contact you or your family to raise money for CAAA. If you do not want CAAA to contact you or your family, notify Privacy Office, Connections Area Agency on Aging, 300 W. Broadway, Suite 240, Council Bluffs, IA, 51503 or call 800-432-9209 and indicate that you do not wish to be contacted.
- Appointment Reminders
- CAAA may use and disclose your health information to contact you as a reminder that you have an appointment for a home visit.